ZUV : REPUTED FINLAND EDUCATION CONSULTANTS IN KOCHI
Finland, better known as the ‘Land of the Midnight Sun’ is an Arctic wonderland blessed with stunning natural beauty, an abundance of lakes and picturesque villages. With a long history of occupation by the Swedes and the Russians, Finland came into its own in the 20th century, making big strides in economic development and social progress, including education. ZUV, one of the best study abroad consultants in Kochi, with multiple branches in India, helps students choose the best university to pursue higher studies in Finland.
Finland ranks high on the socio-economic progress index, and the number of international students coming to study in Finland has been steadily climbing over the years. ZUV, with over 17 years of experience in overseas education, gives students the right guidance about education in Finland.
Study in Finland and experience the great outdoors with hiking, sleighing and skiing during the endless summer days and take in the Northern Lights during winter.
WHY CHOOSE AUSTRIA?
Finland participates in the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) which facilitates study credit transfers across EU countries
There are many scholarship options funded by government and non-governmental foundations that international students can apply for
Non-EU international students can work part-time for a maximum of 25 hours per week and full time during holiday breaks
Airports are very well connected to Europe, Asia and North America for ease of travel of international students
WHY CHOOSE ZUV AS YOUR FOREIGN EDUCATION CONSULTANT?
ZUV Overseas Education Consultants, headquartered in Kochi, with branches in multiple Indian states and other countries, has earned repute over the last two decades as a trusted partner/liaison to students and foreign universities alike.
CONTINUE IN FINLAND
- Internships are a popular option and they have no time cap as long as they are connected with the student’s field of study. This is a popular way of opening doors to a permanent job after studies.
- After completing studies, students can stay back for a period of one year on a residence permit for the purpose of securing a job
- Once you get a job then a work-based residence permit can be applied for
- If you stay in Finland for 4 years on a continuous residence permit, then you can apply for a permanent residence permit
- Industries with potential are: Technology, ICT, Medicine, start-up companies in Cleantech, Nanotechnology, Gaming and so on
- Universities usually don’t provide on-campus housing, but there are established student housing foundations that provide affordable accommodation
- Shared student apartments are the most popular option as the cost is reasonable; they are well equipped and usually very closely situated to the place of study
- Studio apartments for single students or family apartments for students with accompanying family are available, but they are expensive and have long waiting lists
- Flats or apartments can be rented on the private market in a group or single, but these will be costly in the cities and difficult to obtain
- Temporary accommodation facilities like hostels are available if the apartments are not available during peak season; but students must book early
MODES OF TRANSPORT
- Buses and trams; buses are good for travel to smaller towns and villages
- Underground rail network (Metro) and commuter trains
- Long distance trains (Intercity (IC) or Pendolino) are an excellent option for travel between cities, and also internationally to Moscow and St. Petersburg
- Helsinki City Bikes are available seasonally in Helsinki and Espoo and Vantaa City Bikes
- Finland’s Ferry authority FinFerries has almost 40 routes across Finland
- Taxis are regulated by the government but can be very expensive
- There are ridesharing options available, but not widely used yet
TOP FINLAND ATTRACTIONS
- Rovaniemi in the Arctic Circle and Santa Claus village
- Suomenlinna Fortress
- The Northern Lights in Lapland
- Aland Archipelago
- Helsinki Cathedral
- Lake Saimaa and Olvinlinna Castle
- Snow Castle of Kemi