ZUV : BEST AUSTRIA EDUCATION CONSULTANTS IN KOCHI
Austria has always been in the thick of things, be it political affairs, cultural development or economic growth. Though small in size, this country has contributed significantly to the world of literature, music and art with greats like Freud, Mozart and Klimt. The country has a large number of international students coming from all over the world as it scores high on offering an established economic system and high quality education. ZUV, one of the best study abroad consultants in Kochi, with multiple branches in India, helps students choose the best university to pursue higher studies in Austria.
It combines old world European charm in elegant cities like Vienna and Salzburg with rustic Alpine splendour in Tyrol. Vienna was voted one of the best student cities in the world by QS. ZUV, with over 17 years of experience in overseas education, gives students the right guidance about education in Austria.
Study in Austria and enjoy its temperate climate with all four seasons; you can even try your hand at popular winter sport activities that are a rage with both locals and tourists.
WHY CHOOSE AUSTRIA?
Austria has prestigious universities that are ranked high globally with well-recognised study programs
The medium of instruction is usually in German, many courses are being offered in English for the benefit of international students
Education is relatively inexpensive, especially for EU/EEA citizens, and even for others when compared to other top education destinations
A variety of scholarships are available through OeAD programmes, grants, institutional scholarships and university partnerships
It has a beautiful natural terrain with mountains, lakes and valleys as well as located in the heart of Europe for ease of travel
Austrians generally enjoy a very high standard of living and are ranked at the top among global cities on this index
The cost of living is surprisingly cheap, especially for students, as there are a lot of inexpensive options for food, housing, transport etc.
WHY CHOOSE ZUV AS YOUR FOREIGN EDUCATION CONSULTANT?
ZUV Overseas Education Consultants, headquartered in Kochi, with branches in multiple Indian states and other countries, has earned repute over the last two decades as a trusted partner/liaison to students and foreign universities alike.
THROUGH THE EYES OF A STUDENT:
THROUGH THE EYES OF A PARENT:
CONTINUE IN AUSTRIA
- Non-EU/EEA students on a residence permit for students are allowed to work part time for maximum 20hrs per week during their studies
- Students can also take up unpaid traineeships or vocational internships for 3-6 months related to their field of study, both of which do not require a work permit.
- Non-EU/EEA students can stay back for up to 12 months after the completion of their studies to search for a job or start a business as long as the can prove that they can sustain themselves.
- After getting a job, apply for a Red-White-Red card if you meet the minimum criteria.
- After 24 months, the card can be converted to an Red-White-Red Plus card for free access to the labour market
- Universities usually do not provide housing so students need to make their own arrangements as early as possible
- OeAD Housing office provides accommodation for a lot of students in their guesthouses or other options available depending on the city.
- The Austrian Student Union also provides help and facilities regarding arranging student accommodation
- Renting a shared flat is one of the most popular options due to convenience and affordability
- Living in a hall of residence where you can opt for single or shared rooms and shared facilities
- There are also student hostels which are a cheap option
MODES OF TRANSPORT
- The public transport in general is considered to be quite inexpensive. Buses and trams are well organised and very punctual
- Metro system is available in Vienna
- Riding bikes is very common, and bigger cities like Vienna and Salzburg have bike rental systems and dedicated bike paths
- Trains are convenient and connect both Austrian cities and towns as well as Austria to other European cities.
- The train and bus system complement each other as the buses usually start their routes from the train station so that passengers have seamless transport to their destinations
- Taxis can be hailed down or booked and all rides usually have a 10% tip
- Boats ply on the River Danube but these are more leisurely rides rather than a quick mode of transport
- Carpool and car sharing
TOP AUSTRIAN ATTRACTIONS
- Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna
- Imperial Hofburg Palace in Vienna
- Salzburg Old Town
- Zell Am See Lake Area
- The Village of Hallstatt
- Eisriesenwelt Underground Ice Caves
- Skiing in Alpine ski resorts like Kitzbuhel