ZUV : EXPERT PORTUGAL EDUCATION CONSULTANTS IN KOCHI
With breathtaking mountains in the North and picturesque beaches in the South, Portugal has come a long way since it deposed its monarchy, overthrew the authoritarian regime and restored democracy. Today, Portugal is a developed nation with an advanced economy, wooing international students to their 125+ public and private universities. ZUV, one of the best study abroad consultants in Kochi, with multiple branches in India, helps students choose the best university to pursue higher studies in Portugal.
Portugal has a globally recognised education system and offers a lower cost of living and lower tuition costs than other European countries, attracting students from across the globe. ZUV, with over 17 years of experience in overseas education, gives students the right guidance about education in Portugal.
Study in Portugal and find tangible relics of ancient history – the 20,000-year-old stone carvings the Vila Nova de Foz Côa, the megaliths outside Evora and more. Not to mention, basking in the brilliance of Portugal’s vibrant Mediterranean lifestyle and climate.
WHY CHOOSE PORTUGAL?
WHY CHOOSE ZUV AS YOUR FOREIGN EDUCATION CONSULTANT?
ZUV Overseas Education Consultants, headquartered in Kochi, with branches in multiple Indian states and other countries, has earned repute over the last two decades as a trusted partner/liaison to students and foreign universities alike.
THROUGH THE EYES OF A STUDENT:
THROUGH THE EYES OF A PARENT:
CONTINUE IN PORTUGAL
- Portuguese & EU nationals are given first preference in job opportunities
- To stay on in Portugal, non-EU students will need to get hired first; employer will apply for a Portuguese work permit, if the job is longer than three months.
- Once work permit is approved, non-EU nationals need to apply for a Portuguese work visa and a residence permit, to work long-term in Portugal.
- Students undertaking unpaid training placements or volunteer work can apply for a special Portuguese residence permit.
- Upon completion of training, students are entitled to work in Portugal on an employment contract, subject to an application for a change in residence permit being authorised.
- A residence permit for volunteers is valid for one year and is not renewable – except in cases where a volunteer programme lasts longer than one year.
- University-owned student halls of residence – best option for international students offered on first-come-first-serve basis
- Renting a private room with shared utilities or apartment shared with other students
- Student halls run by private operators – slightly more expensive than university-owned ones, but better on-site amenities
MODES OF TRANSPORT
- Bus services include local and regional buses, as well international coaches. Good network and are frequent services between all Portuguese towns and cities.
- Portugal has a good railway system consisting of a big network of regional, inter-regional and suburban trains covering the whole of the country.
- Lisbon and Porto have a very convenient metro system. Lisbon metro has four different lines covering the city efficiently.
- Taxi services in the city go by the metered fare, while long distance is charged by the kilometre plus return fare.
- Three international airports and smaller domestic airports to get to your destination faster.
TOP PORTUGAL ATTRACTIONS
- Pena National Palace
- Belem Tower
- Praia da Marinha
- Cais da Ribeira
- Obidos Castle
- Cabo Girao
- Capela dos Ossos